Tags

, , , , , ,

… as I said, the first attempt was rather wobbly…

… a few sessions with the quick-unpick (shouldn’t that be the super-slow-unpick?), and I had removed my wavy FOE from my disastrous undies…

… for my second attempt I decided to pretend I was making a t-shirt, and went for the 75% neck binding rule, FOE was sewn into a loop, mid-points were identified and pinned, and the FOE was sewn, stretching all the way…

… the results were better, but there were a few places the fabric had escaped the FOE…

… could I face unpicking another set of stitches? No! Scissors were brandished and the top was cut off. There must be a better way of attaching FOE…

… google led me to various sites (including a 17 episode youtube series on making a single pair of underpants)… eventually I watched the Seamster Patterns (previously disparate disciplines) tutorial for making her (lovely) yellowtail camisole. She sews the FOE one side, before folding it and sewing it on both sides…

… I lined up fabric, elastic, placed the needle in the fabric, did a couple of stitches, then stretched the elastic and sewed – first on the back side, then folding the elastic on both sides… it worked!

… the next pairs will be tidier, but I am pretty happy with how these 2 pairs turned out, and after a day of wear I can say these hipsters are very comfortable! They stay exactly where they should, walking around town, cycling to work and back and even during 90 minutes of hot yoga! I will be making more…

… and I am also planning some other projects with FOE at the same time…

pant-astic @ grt*escp pant-astic @ grt*escp

About these ads