Tags

, , , , , , ,

… its not like I have nothing to do at the minute…

  • there are still a few remnants of wallpaper to be wrestled from the closed balcony, the plasterers are approaching steadily
  • I want to take the planks out the hall cupboard and sand and repaint them…
  • I have various light fitting projects flitting through my mind…
  • I need to refinish a vintage cupboard I bought at the beginning of the year and that has been sitting in the corner of my bedroom since then, but I can’t lift it outside on my own to paint it, or back inside once it is painted, so I need to wait until I can rope someone into helping me move it (and make my mind up on how I want to paint it)…
  • I am half way through making a new dog bed…
  • I have a bunch of other sewing projects whirling through my mind, using fabric from the bloggers meet last month and earlier acquisitions…
  • I need to pack up this apartment, and call the movers to fix a moving date, and then start worrying about all the other bureaucratic stuff that a move involves: services, insurance, parking permits, etc, etc…
  • I need to trim the hedges as every time the landlord appears with more potential tenants he makes a point of telling me I let the hedges get out of hand…
  • I need to make real progress on this consultancy contract I am working on…

… so it seemed perfectly logical I to decide to paint my classic Ikea BEKVAM stool a couple of weeks ago! I was in the DIY shop looking at doorbell covers, and came home with a pot of sunshine “lego yellow” paint…

… I deliberated painting as is, but a few of the screws were coming loose, I have had these steps for years, I bought them in Madrid when I was living in Lisbon, and before we had IKEA in Portugal, they moved from apartment to apartment there, went into storage, got shipped to Scotland and are now in Belgium, so I decided to take them apart and paint each piece individually and then put them back together. I am not sure that was the best idea as some of the pieces were really fiddly to paint and each coat took me 2 sessions with adequate drying time between…

… I ended up doing 3 coats, with about 2 weeks break between coats, life kept getting in the way, finally I finished them today. I hope the paint will last, these steps get used a lot. Maybe I should have varnished them too…

… I can’t wait to see them in my new sunny kitchen…

yellow steps @ grt*escp yellow steps @ grt*escp

Advertisements